Scan all recursive folders

support

It appears that funkwhale is only scanning one or two levels of folders when doing an import even with the recursive tag set. Is there a way to get funkwhale to scan all subfolders regardless of how many levels deep they are?

For example, I have a fairly decent size collection. Most of my music is broken up with something like,

music/<>/artist/album/tracks

,which would put most music multiple levels deep and at the same deepness. However, I have other music that falls under that same path called Various Artists. This is music which is compilations. This unfortunately is not always the same amount of folders deep. It may have an album which is something like

music/various artists/Best of Rock/tracks or various artist/Best of Rock and Roll/Music of 1971/tracks.

I tried setting it to look at just /srv/funkwhale/data/music/*.mp3 and it came back with the message:

CommandError: No file matching pattern, aborting

I am guessing it might of only checked one or two folders deep and didn’t see anything as buried as /srv/funkwhale/data/music/netshare/a/<>/<>/<<track#>> <>.mp3

Is there anyway to have it find music regardless of how deep it is in the file structure?

Thanks!

Hi @greengeek

For recursive subdirectories, you need to include two wildcard levels, like that: /srv/funkwhale/data/music/**/*.mp3

And it should work :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and it got most, but it appears to have skipped some of the folders that are deeper that include an extra folder depth. Basically anything that I have that is another folder deeper where I broke it up by disc number / disc name as well.

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.