Particular song stops before the last few seconds

Hi there. I recently posted on here about ssl and storage linking. I’m having a very odd issue now. I started listening to this album and the first song will stop playing at 4:20 instead of 4:34. None of the other songs will do this on the album. No other songs that I know of will do this on my funkwhale instance.

Here are the steps I’ve taken to try to figure this out. None of them worked:

NOTE: I always run my music through Musicbrainz Picard before uploading through the web interface.

1. Checked if the file played okay on my local pc (this works!).
  2. Tried re-uploading the song on funkwhale.
  3. Downloaded the song from my music from 7digital, then re-uploaded without using Picard.
  4. Removed the empty dirs in my storage mount location. Then deleted my library. Downloaded the entire album through 7digital. Ran the album through Picard (somehow this resulted in a different format from the last time I used Picard…?) and uploaded to funkwhale.
  5. Deleted all of the dirs for where my music is stored. Stopped & removed the docker container. Re-created the superuser, ran album through Picard, re-uploaded.
  6. Restarted the server.

A bit lost here. I’d like to help in whatever way I can. I’ve checked the console logs and the Network tab on Dev Tools (Firefox) and I’m not seeing anything weird. I am getting an Operation failed when I scrub through songs, but that happens for any song. No logs pop up when the song in question stops.

Hi there!

I don’t think the track tags could affect this, it’s possible your browser has an issue playing the file. What browser/version are you using, and does it happens in another browser?

Hey, thanks again for the help :slight_smile:

I’m using the latest version of Firefox on Solus Linux on desktop. I also tried it with my phone (LG G7 Android 8 - Oreo), same issue.

Could you please download the track and send it to me privately here ? I’d like to attempt to reproduce the issue :slight_smile:

Hmm…I can’t seem to upload a song to send in a message on here. I think I can only upload images. Is there another place we can use?

Sure, you can send the file here: https://files.eliotberriot.com/u/d/d90572e311/

Thank you!

Hi Eliot,

Just shared the file. Thank you!

I tried to reproduce this, but unfontunately (or fortunately), the songs properly plays until the end, at 4:34 for me, under Firefox 64 / Debian. I’ve tried to listend it fully, from the start.

Since those are the same files, I think this is a client-side issue, but if you agree to send me an invitation code for your instance, I could check that directly.

Thank you for testing it! Glad it’s not a system-wide thing. :slight_smile:

Invite sent.

EDIT: Also, I just tested it on my work computer with Windows 7 - same issue.