My daily worklog

Yesterday, I spend my day answering support requests, and documenting the process of adding contexts to translations to improve their quality (https://dev.funkwhale.audio/funkwhale/funkwhale/issues/662)

Today, I’m going to fix a small annoying bug (https://github.com/thetarkus/docker-funkwhale/issues/15#issuecomment-460912049), finish answering to posts I missed, and finish the organization for the next Funkwhale Sync.

Yesterday, I hunted down a new bug in one of our depedencies, and spend the afternoon working on metadata updates.

Today, I have a lot of tasks, some of which have nothing to do with Funkwhale :slight_smile: I’ll probably focus on project management tasks, because some of them are accumulating.

Yesterday, I had a lot of small projects management tasks to work on. I also spent some time on a fix for https://github.com/django/channels/issues/1240, and I submitted a proposal for a Funkwhale presentation at https://www.jdll.org/.

Today, I’m going to prepare some specifications/mockups for an important ticket and debrief the non-profit status thing with @gordon this afternoon :slight_smile:

I forgot to write the entry this morning. Basically, I’ve been working on a small command to fix some federation issues when funkwhale is not configured properly.

This afternoon, I’ll be off :slight_smile:

Yesterday, I took a day off as I needed some time to rest after those crazy last 10 days.

Today, I’d like to publish the 0.18.2 bugfix release and work on a medium ticket :slight_smile:

Yesterday, I published the 0.18.2 release, and almost finished to work on the “Artist Hiding” feature.

Today, I’m going to finish that, and I’ll probably spend my remaining time working on the statuses / Funkwhale Sync feedback, etc.

Yesterday, I merged the artist feature branch, and spent the afternoon working with @gordon on the statuses.

Today, I’m going to focus on project management and publish all the meeting notes and next steps for the non profit, and also the wekly blog entry :slight_smile:

Friday, I spent my day writing!

Today, I’m going to focus on development/code, because it’s been a long time :wink:

Yesterday, I continued working on the metedata update feature.

Today, I have to write an important email, work for a separate client this afternoon, and I’d like to continue working on the dev from yesterday :slight_smile:

Yesterday, I’ve written that important email, and worked on the metadata update feature in the morngin. I had to work for another client in the afternoon.

Today, I’m going to work on dev only!

Yesterday, I continued to work on the metadata update (I know, it’s boring right?). I should have something to demo by the end of the week (without the federation part).

I’m going to continue on that today :wink:

Yesterday, I made a lot of progress on the metadata update thing, and also implemented auto-embedding of Funkwhale player on Mastodon (and other supported software) when sharing a Funkwhale track or album URL.

This morning, I was out for a personnal matter. I’ll spend my remaining time doing some project management, writing the weekly blog post and continuing working on the metadata update if I have the time :slight_smile:

metadata based in the id3 info right ? updating the tags i mean

It’s more about updating the data that is stored in the database (most of it being initially extracted from the id3 tags of uploaded files). We won’t touch the files themselves :slight_smile:

Today, I’ve got a lot of small tasks to complete:

• fix plume
  • upgrade gitlab
  • community management
  • issues / MR

I also have to work on a secret thing :wink:

Yesterday, I fixed our Plume blog, thanks to @elza, upgraded our Gitlab instances, answered / reviewed a few issues and merge requests, and fixed a few bugs myself. I also spent some time preparing @ginnymcqueen’s onboarding and communicating on the new :wink:

Today, I’m going to work on the code this morning (I still have a WIP feature I need to merge this week), and this afternoon will be dedicated to project management. Especially, I’d like to prepare for the next Funkwhale Sync.

Yesterday, I made a lot of progress on the dev side, and also launched a discussion about the Funkwhale Sync.

Today, I’m going to focus mainly on development :slight_smile:

Yesterday, I was able to complete the MR I was working on for so long! I’m going to merge it today, and eventhough the feature itself is not complete, there is progress :wink:

Today will be a bit special, as I have a meeting with Pole Emploi (Employment agency) in the afternoon. I have to prepare for that!

Yesterday, I basically spend my day on personal / administrative tasks.

Today, I’ll write the weekly blog entry, and also discuss with @ginnymcqueen. The remaining time will go to development :slight_smile:

Friday, I had a small meeting with Ginny to check with her how things went for this first week, and discuss about her first ideas. We agreed that implementing a Code of Conduct was the priority, and I’ve launched the discussion around that, based on her work. During the day, I also started to work on better Json-LD handling withing the codebase.

Oh, and yesterday, I’ve also written a short, non-technical introduction to common software development terms and processes: https://pad.funkwhale.audio/s/rJAeAstL4#

Today, I have a small backlog of discussions and issues to check out, then I’ll probably continue on my work from friday.