Yesterday, I spent most of my day working on the moderation tools (I’ll elaborate on that below), and also setup the Pad / date poll for the next Sync, in January (cf Funkwhale sync #2). I’ve also configured Weblate so people can login with GitHub, and created a translation project for Plume.
Regarding the moderation tools, things were a bit bumpy. Basically, I started the implementation a few weeks ago, in a dedicated branch, but unforunately my first design was overly complex and would have lead to performance issues as well as a bad UX.
I decided to start from scratch yesterday afternoon, and I’m feeling way better about this second implementation. In terms of feature, it will enable blocking/filtering domains and users, at the instance level (user-level will come in another branch). This will support blocking everything for any given user or domain (in and out), or with more granularity (e.g. block only follow requests from a specific domain, or do not deliver Audio objects to a given user).
I’m pretty sure this will keep me busy this morning, and this afternoon, I’ll start looking into mirroring the FreeMusicArchive