After many tests, it works, but I’m not sure why.
Here is what I did to import 2 albums of the same artist (CD and Vinyl edition):
- Tag everything with Picard, choosing the right versions of the songs (CD or Vinyl), since there is an existing release for each on the MusicBrainz database.
- If I upload right after tagging, it does not work, FW won’t upload the 2nd album. So Media tag (12" Vinyl / CD) on Picard is not working to differenciate them.
- After tagging, change the name of the album + change the name of each song, with Picard.
- After that FW upload the 2nd album perfectly.
I have to say that I already did that but it didn’t work so it’s a bit strange. For what I understand, to differentiate albums with same tracks, FW needs:
- different album name
- different track names
- different MusicBrainz Release Id
Maybe more, maybe less, but it works like this.
Here is a screenshot of the 2 albums on Picard.