One of the actions from [Announcing] Funkwhale Sync #1 was to recruit moderators for our community spaces. Moderation work includes:
- Ensure the code of conduct is respected (once we have settled on one) and our spaces remain safe
- Ensure participants are welcomed/answered properly and/or redirected to the adequate place if necessary
- Ensure discussions stay on topic
Our community spaces
As of today, the list of our community spaces includes:
Until we vote another process, moderators will be appointed by me for a limited duration (e.g. a few months). This will leave us some time to work on a more structured and democratic process for moderator election.
We’re looking for people who can commit for at least one or two hours a week and who have been involved on a regular basis in one of the spaces mentionned previously. If you’re not sure this apply to you, you can ask me privately on Matrix or Mastodon.
You’ll be given some guidance before starting, and you won’t be alone. I’ll personally remain available on all of those spaces to help with the moderation work and answer any question you may have. You’ll also be able to resign at any time, no question asked.
If you want to offer your help, drop a reply here, and indicate the space (or list of spaces) where you feel comfortable doing moderation work.
At the moment, we have:
- @troll for the #Funkwhale channel on Matrix
- @l4p1n for Funkwhale’s mastodon account