Automatically importing files

support

Hello, is it possible to automatically import files into Funkwhale? I manually imported per the documentation. I have set the music paths in the .env file as well. The music is a NFS share mounted to /srv/funkwhale/data/music.

Thanks!

Hi!

By importing automatically, I assume you’re thinking about watching the directory and automatically process new files as soon as there are added to the folder?

If that’s whaat you’re thinking about, there is no way to do that right now. You could setup a cronjob to run every X hours or day on your NFS directory, though, since importing is idempotent.

Another option is to use inotify / incron to detect filesystem changes and run the import command on the added file. I’m not sure how it would behave if you add a lot of files at the same time, and I’d probably go the classic crontab way for my own use.

Yes, I was hoping it could watch a folder. I was thinking it doesn’t auto import, but that’s ok, I can setup inotify or a cronjob it’ll accomplish the same task!

I really like funkwhale so far even with the minor quirks, thanks and keep up the good work!

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.