500 Errors - Nginx rewrites?

Hello there,
I decided to give funkwhale 0.17 a spin for the first time on my home server, so I set out to install via docker. Everything is fine until trying to access the web ui - I’m getting a 500 error. I am using a setup very similar (just some slight differences in the ssl settings) to the template at https://dev.funkwhale.audio/funkwhale/funkwhale/raw/master/deploy/nginx.template - Reading the nginx error logs reveals it has to do with infinite redirects on the / location:

[error] 19165#0: *3 rewrite or internal redirection cycle while redirect to named location “@rewrites”, client: 192.168.1.1, server: SERVERNAME, request: “GET / HTTP/2.0”, host: “SERVERNAME”

The main notices around this time are as such :
[notice] 19409#0: *1 “^(.+)$” matches “/”, client: 192.168.1.1, server: SERVERNAME, request: “GET / HTTP/2.0”, host: “SERVERNAME”
[notice] 19476#0: *16800 rewritten data: “/index.html”, args: “”, client: 192.168.1.1, server: SERVERNAME, request: “GET / HTTP/2.0”, host: “SERVERNAME”

I’m sort of stumped on how to continue or resolved this - any help would be appreciated!

Ah, never mind - I had somehow borked the root in nginx, as I see now after having spent some time away x_x Works now after being properly set.

Thank you for keeping us updated @keybored :slight_smile: